Triumph Dolomite Sprint Restoration Update

May 28th, 2020. Submitted by Roger.

This is the last piece of my Resto jigsaw – the under dash shelf. Had to remake a new one to personal specification that includes front speakers and an oil pressure gauge.

And now fully installed . . .

Triumph vs MG . . . old foes in the same garage!

May 22nd, 2020. Submitted by Roger.

Ian Burman’s new Toy!  A very nice companion for his TR5 . . .

President’s Report – April 2020

May 7th, 2020. Submitted by Roger.

President report                                                      April 2020

Not an interesting report this month with no meetings, no runs, or general outings that we can share.

The highlight this month apart from starting the log book renew process was to do a drive by at Sue and Rory’s place to congratulate Sue on a birthday milestone. No telling the age but certainly Skyhooks had a great song based on it. Bit of trivia to look up while you’re at home googling.

Social distancing at its best. Best wishes to Sue and anyone else that shared their birthday or special milestone with limited people.

We also received several interstate Trak type mail outs for us to share from Duane and the ones we received were certainly full of stories and pictures. I’m guessing that this will diminish next month seeing they had a more restrictive hold put on them than we have.

Alex has been very busy behind the scenes setting up and entering club documents to our Drop Box. This is another great way for us to communicate rather than e-mails and phone messages.

We have had a good take up to the reduced membership fees and log book renew process this year. It certainly has been interesting for me. Welcome to our new members and thanks for bringing along more Triumphs to the stable.

If you have not checked out our Web have a look. Roger has been busy in the shed and has put up a glimpse of his newly completed project. There are a few stories and comments and another post about repairs. Parts for sale and wanted is there and I have posted up some general items for sale with a collection of books and model cars for a member who wants to clean them out of her shed (not all pictures are up of the collection so give Valarie a call her number is on the add). I hope to have a story up for next month (just to spread it out a bit) on the Saloon. Not like some that have been forced into time out of work, I can’t get a home stay with what I do daily. The parts are on order finally so just waiting patiently for a plane from the UK.

Up to now no planning has been done for our normal display day later in the year or other major events. The normal booking process through whatever council can’t be done currently so if the state opens up late it may not be possible this year. Should things work out for the better and we still wish to run this event it may need to have a bit of out the box thinking due to timing. Knowing that we have limited numbers over the past few years and with people still being cautious I’m thinking it would be more impacted with a poor turn out so reluctantly it may be a year of rest but too early to tell at this stage.

I would like to present the following to help further with postage since we started this process there is a need to tweak it a little more. In general it’s worked ok but still postage is an issue with returning more than one book. So to help visually please follow this general rule. If you’re lucky enough to have a need for more than 4 books then you would need to do a combination of the below or see the post office for your best option. That’s the fortune and privilege of owning a stable full. One book only to a standard envelope.  (Both ways)

Oh and I have just been reminded that if you are filling documents in for your car log books they need to be referring your home address not a post office box or business please.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So unfortunately that’s it for this month.

Think we all hope the global issue is resolved enough to get us out a little bit more so for now stay safe.

Regards

Ian Rigby

President.

Time to do a little maintenance on the TR8

April 21st, 2020. Submitted by Richard Sutherland.

The fuel sender unit will not read Full when filling the tank.  Need to check the sender unit with the tank empty.

To remove the tank with room to work, the rear axle was removed.

When the fuel pump had been flooding the Carburettors, I fitted an external pump with the plan of fitting an original in-tank pump when I could source one.

Dolomite Sprint Project Update

April 10th, 2020. Submitted by Roger.

Okay, lead by example they say!

With a bit more time at home lately, my isolation in the shed has meant my Dolly Sprint is almost finished!

The engine bay has come up a treat, and is now a goer with the new cam run in and then the mandatory check for leaks . . . None! Amazing, and everything works as it should! A few final bits to finish off and we will be set for a road test.

Here’s a shot of the engine bay . . .

Now, over to you! How about sharing something about YOUR Triumph?

Roger

On Line TSOA Activities

April 5th, 2020. Submitted by Roger.

Hey fellow Triumph enthusiasts!

With time on our hands being isolated at home for the duration, however long that may be, I am sure a lot of you are out in the garage doing some work on your Triumph that has been waiting for just the right time and your own enthusiasm and inclination.

Well, given that everything is cancelled and we won’t be mixing and mingling for a while, why not share your Triumph story on the club website? Log on, go to the top left hand corner of the Home screen and click on “Dashboard” and then “Posts” and follow your nose. You can even add photos to your post – “Add Media” and give it a go. Have a play! You can’t break it . . .

Contact me if you want same help with anything . . . I’m free, at home, in the garage playing with my Triumphs!

I might even post an update on my own project – now there’s an idea!

Stay sane and healthy people, and always have a cold Corona ready for enjoyment!

Roger

President’s Report – March 2020

March 30th, 2020. Submitted by Roger.

President’s report                                                                                                 March 2020

Most would be aware of the recent passing of Arrand Ellery but I was made aware that Vic Neave lost his wife during that week also. TSOA wish all families our condolences at this sad time.

It was a difficult time for all, especially those that Arrand has assisted over the time he has been a member of TSOA. For me personally Arrand was always the first to arrive and last to leave on any event that had cars on display helping me set up and break down and never faltered with his support.

For those that could not attend Arrand’s funeral there were many stories from family and friends that highlighted his life and certainly honoured his strengths and kindness to everyone around him. He will be sadly missed. Lorna now has the little yellow car that he lovingly cared for assigned to her. I’m sure that their son Todd will also have lots of time in the car.

I think everyone would agree that it’s been an interesting and difficult time globally and the impact has strengthened over the past few weeks. We as a club will constantly monitor events with the hope that some normality will occur in the not too distant future. After discussions with the committee I’m now informing all members that:

ALL “Club sponsored runs and meeting’s” will be Cancelled now until further notice.

I’m very conscious about the pending renewal of memberships, upcoming AGM and log book updates and will do what we can to help with these mandatory processes. We have until August to hold the AGM so we will advise closer to the date how this will occur or be affected.

The next issue for members is the continuation of Membership/payments and the updating of log books for members on the historic scheme. I would like to advise that membership invoices for the next financial year will be sent out soon, so that these can be done prior to log book renewals. Different payment options will be available. The new costing’s for next year is reflective of the budget proposed by our treasurer and put to the committee this month. After discussion and acceptance the budget will be disclosed in an upcoming Trak, but I’m sure that all members will be happy with the outcome. For those people that paid more than one year subscription last year, Alex will advise an outcome for those affected and suitable arrangements will be done directly with those members. The new costing is for the 2020 / 2021 financial year only and we don’t consider it’s continuation into the following year.

Log book updating will now only be done this year through the postal process. Unfortunately we cannot provide a one on one at the club. Books need to be posted to the clubs PO Box for collection and processing. We will turn these around as soon as possible. There are now 5 of us available to process books and the team welcomes Graham Dean to the table. Graham now looks after all of the club’s memberships and Historical registrations. Thanks for stepping up to the new challenge.

The recent global concern will now test our continued communication and once we have any news to share we will update everyone with those details. The most pressing will be events planned for later in the year. The nationals next year are well underway with good ground covered so far but this too will need constant communication so we have something to present at this year’s Nationals if they proceed. We are unsure at this time how they will be affected. Hopefully the current issue does not extend until then and the event goes ahead for those going but currently this is at risk and communication is ongoing with their committee.

Now I can finally advise everyone of a bit of good news for a change and it links very closely with the situation we are all in currently. This week I was able to recognise and present Roger Lange with a small token gift from the club in recognition of his ongoing support with the Web. This presentation was planned to happen at the dinner last year, but Roger had other commitments on the night. Since then it’s been a hit and miss so there has been no opportunity to present this to him in the environment where other members are present. Sadly the current conditions still prevent this so here we are electronically thanking him for all of his good work. Now more than ever we look to the web for updates. I’m hopeful that Roger and Cherri enjoy the bottles of red. Good timing too seeing they may restrict purchasing that now also. Cheers Roger and thankyou from all of us at TSOA.

We will still send out general comments through our on line OCC logging tool and phone messaging but as Roger continually mentions the web works for many reasons. Sale of parts, or cars / parts wanted, general stories or updates and membership notices. If you have trouble posting parts for sale etc please contact Roger, Duane or me. We are all here to help.

Please send log books via our PO Box after subscriptions are paid and when required.

Triumph Sports Owners Association SA Inc.

PO Box 192 Glenside SA 5065

Having been away for the past few months, I would like to thank the committee members who kept me informed and supported the club and other members during this time. I did keep in contact as best I could but knew things were well taken care of.

Regards for now and stay safe.

Ian Rigby

President

Minutes of General Meeting 18/2/20

March 3rd, 2020. Submitted by Roger.

 

MINUTES – TSOA GENERAL MEETING 18 February 2020

 Meeting Opened at 8:02pm by Dean Berlemon (Vice President)     

  1. Welcome:
    • Apologies: Andy Hill, Chuck & Dianne Falzon, Peter & Julie Davidge, Natalie & Bob Farrell, Arrand Ellery (Sue Gibson reported he suffered a major heart attack on Sunday 16/02), Kevin Foster, Bill Galler, Ian Rigby, John Woods.
  • Guests/Visitors/New Members: Tim Price (TR4A), Glyn Rippin (Stag), Steven Wheeler (TR6) 
  • Previous Minutes: Proposed by Bob Cini to be accepted, seconded by John Tuohy 
  1. Presidents Report – Dean Berlemon

2.1 Ian Rigby supplied his Presidents report which will be published in next edition of Fastrak.

  • Ian supplied numbers of votes for future Day of Triumph consideration venues
  1. Secretary’s Report – Duane Kaak

3.1 A small selection of Club Magazines received, minutes from FHMC meeting, reminders of Bay to Birdwood entries for 2020.

3.2 TR Register has invited TSOA to join them at McLaren Vale Classic & Vintage event on April 5th. Entries close March 9th.

3.3 Correspondence due to be sent to DPTI to appoint Graham Dean as an Authorised Club Registration officer. 

  1. Treasurer’s Report –Alex Smithson

4.1 Balance at bank is $47,316.99. This is $4,756 less than last report in November 2019, largely due to presentation dinner expenses and deposit on upcoming weekender.

4.2 Funds received included $279 bank fee refund, refund of deposit for Day of Triumph ground hire, FHMC sponsorship for Day of Triumph.

4.3 Club has now achieved budget for Subscriptions with a further $505 received since last report.

  1. Social Report – Peggy Argent

5.1 Peggy sought show of hands for those that enjoyed the Presentation dinner overall.

5.2 All British Day was very well attended by members and cars, as was the annual ice cream run.

5.3 A Chicken & Salad club subsidised event is being considered.

5.4 This years calendar has been amended to accommodate the MSCA events.

5.5 Next event is mid week run, March 18th, with a green theme being St Patricks day.

5.6 Visit to Birdwood Museum is planned for March 29th and includes Club Sponsored Sausage sizzle.

5.7 Run to Mt Compass tavern that was planned for post Christmas will now be held in April.

5.8 May’s mid week run is being arranged by Stephen Wade.

5.9 Volunteers are needed to arrange a Winery/Pizza run and also for supper roster at meetings. 

  1. Competition Report – Neil Martin

6.1 Over Christmas Neil had fitted new suspension parts and wheel alignment. Recently a cold air induction box.

6.2 Recent overheating issue of the TR7 V8 thankfully turned out to just be an Electric Water Pump failure.

6.3 At the recent Regularity event, Neil achieved 3rd placings in first few rounds but the TR7 V8 had to be towed off the track later in the day for the first time in its motorsport career. Fault was a broken wire.

6.4 MSCA has their annual Display Day on Sunday March 1st at Mt Barker football oval.

6.5 Andy Ansell & Neil competing at Easter historic event at Mallala.

6.6 Volunteers, Cars & Drivers needed for MSCA 6 hour event on 3rd May.

6.7 Neil is attending the Phillip Island Classic event in a couple of weekend’s time.

  1. Library ReportGreg Page

Plenty to borrow. 

  1. Regalia Report – Sue Smithson

8.1 Regalia will not be available at the next meeting.

8.2 Keyrings are available, as are T-Shirts with images of TR7, TR6 and Stag.

8.3 Long Sleeve and Short Sleeve shirts in red or navy are available for $43.

8.4 Caps on sale tonight for $17 (usually $20), Softshell jackets from previous WA National Rally available for $70 if interested.

8.5 EFTPOS is available at meetings if members do not have cash.

  1. Fastrak Editor’s Report Marg & Dean Bogisch

Please contribute any articles

  1. Website Report – Roger Lange

The Club Website is up to date, have a look. 

  1. Conditional Registration Report – Colin White

11.1 Colin reported he had only recently updated 1 log book. 

  1. General Business

12.1 Alex Smithson advised the Nationals Sub Committee of 10 members has agreed on Barossa as the Venue. The Weintal has been booked and the program of events is being finalised.

12.2 All British Day – Geoff Ellis reported 15% of entrant spaces were empty on the day. Spectator numbers were also down 15% on previous year. Committee debriefing is still to occur and Geoff will provide a further update next meeting.

12.3 Weekender – Bill Berlemon discussed the itinerary, around the Port Pirie area. Event to be held 22 – 24 May. Cost $200per person, club has subsidised the total cost by $50 per person. 15 rooms available at John Pirie Motor Inn. 

  1. Parts or Cars For Sale or Wanted

13.1 Duane was notified of a TR4 Steering wheel for sale. $80. Contact Andy 0433 738 633 or 0434 907 003.

13.2 Roger visited a TR4 in great original condition, white with black interior, soon to be for sale.

  1. Raffle

Meat Tray won by Neil Martin 

  1. Cars on Stage

Jim Scott displayed his TR6 in Saffron with clear over base. Imported into Australia in 1986 from America. Jim purchased in March 2019, had stripped to bare metal and no rust was discovered.

  1. Supper.

Thanks to Lisa McLeod & Dean Berlemon for arranging. 

17         Meeting Closed:           9:17pm

Stag Sold!

February 25th, 2020. Submitted by Roger.

For all of you who may have admired / criticised my Stag, I am pleased / saddened to advise that it has been sold to an enthusiast who could see it for what it is . . . a fine example of the model with all the patina of its 44 years since production, but a solid car underneath and with the benefit of its new interior, soft top, and many other enhancements. So, to those who admired it for what is was, thanks, and for those who poo pooed it . . . well, understood. Will there be another Stag in my garage in the future? We’ll see . . .

Annual Weekender

February 24th, 2020. Submitted by Roger.

TSOA WEKENDER

MAY 22ND -MAY24TH 2020

MID NORTH EVENT

Places we are visiting:

Sea Squadron Wallaroo

RSL Military Museum – Pt Pirie

PADARC Car Club – Pt Pirie

Accommodation – John Pirie Motor Inn – Superior Rooms.

Jacks Large model cars and trucks – Jamestown

Charlene’s Quilting Shop – Jamestown

Discovery Centre – Gladstone- history of the area, and tastings.

Gladstone Gaol – maybe closing this year

Ossies Homestead – Gulnare-working farm . . . Damper and billy tea for morning tea

Claymore Wines – Leasingham – curated tasting of the current range with 10% discount on wine purchases.

Meet: Friday 23rd May:

OTR Bolivar (859 Pt Wakefield Road Bolivar)

8.45am for a 9.00am Departure

Cost:  $200.00 pp (with club subsidy of $50 members) twin share

Individual and Children’s Rates –by negotiation.

Contact Margie/Bill 0438836837